This evening I am thinking about the role that muse, spells, possessions, charm and captivation have on our success and satisfaction. Let me explain a bit more.....
Perhaps it is just me (tell me if it is), but I can put myself into a mystical mental place where I my brain processing jumps to a new level and I am hypersensitive to my surroundings. It's a bit like being in the zone, but it is a mental and mood zone.
I have noticed that several things play a roll in when these bewitching or spellbound hours occur:
- Music plays a role and the right music puts me into an interesting place.
- I am more likely to enter this state after strenuous activity (I think the resulting relaxation is the key).
- I guess alcohol could play a roll, but for me, 95% of the time I have had nothing to drink.
- I am always alone and in a contemplative mood.
- It seems to occur more in low or focused lighting, not daylight or general brightness.
- Years ago, I would smoke exotic international cigarettes when I was in this mood. I don't do that anymore.
Perhaps your zoney moods look and feel very different, but I think that many people have them and they can be nourishing and helpful.
Does this make any sense to you? Do you experience this?
It is interesting to be aware of our thoughts and how the context changes who we are in that moment. I think am more generatively creative in this state. Might allowing ourselves to become spellbound help us grow and enjoy breakthroughs?