Here's a meme I had not heard of until I got tagged by Debra over at 8 hours & a lunch. I do not know Debra, but I just checked out her blog and she does some great stuff. Check it out.
The rules of this meme:
1) post these rules before you give your facts.
2) list 8 random facts about yourself.
3) at the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names (linking to them)
4) leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they've been tagged!
I am not known for following rules, but here's the first half.....
Here are the random facts (that are not really random, I am sure):
1. I buy cool stationary and never write letters.
2. I was a waitress at TGI Friday's right after high school and while attending community college.
3. I dislike most shades of blue.
4. I collect cowboy boots.
5. I once lived in Bethesda Maryland.
6. I had a blind Siberian husky/malamute mix dog named Sundance.
7. I played trombone in grade school.
8. When I was 8, I had a bright yellow dinghy boat named Prudence, but I had no idea what the word meant. I just liked the sound of it. I sold it at a garage sale to buy a bright green 10-speed bike.
Now here is where I am supposed to tag other people to tell 8 random things. But I am not going to do this part. I would invite people to share their 8 things if they like.
Some bloggers are open books and others like to keep their online and off line personas separate and distinct. I even know one fellow who blogs under a pseudonym and his employees do not know he blogs. Very clever. We all like to take on different identities sometimes, right? I used to do that when I lived in Washington DC and would go to political bars up on the hill (I guess that's #9).
A lot of my blogger pals either like to be mysterious or they get meme tagged all the time. Me? I am pretty open, so this little meme was fun.